BC Goat Association Webinar With Dr. Glenna McGregor from the Ministry of Agriculture Lab
About this event:
BCGA organised webinar June 24th 7pm PDT
JOHNE'S the disease and testing small ruminants
by Dr. Glenna McGregor
Glenna is a veterinary pathologist working at the Animal Health Centre, the BC provincial veterinary diagnostic lab based out of the BC Ministry of Agriculture. She performs cause-of-death investigations on a wide range of species including livestock, wildlife, companion animals and exotics. She is also an Adjunct Professor at the Western College of Veterinary Medicine.
Join us for a presentation by one of BC leading veterinary pathologist to find out more on what and how to test for Johne's.
The following topics will be discussed with Q&A afterwards.
- What is Johne's
- How do small ruminants get Johne's
- Vet - Herd Management and Johne's
- Johne's Disease - serology vs. PCR and how to interpret the results
- What to look for and ask when buying new animals
Link to the BC Agricultural Diagnostic Lab
The Webinar is free to all goat owners.
The webinar will be recorded and posted on the BCGA site.
The webinar is hosted on ZOOM, please ensure you are familiar with how to use this platform before the start of the talk.
- Here is link to a video on how to join on zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-meeting
- Here is a link that lets you practise joining a ZOOM meeting: https://zoom.us/test
For more information on BC Goat Association go to our website www.bcga.ca