Job Opening: Admin Support Coordinator
Are you looking for a career with purpose? The 4-H program provides young people with an opportunity to learn how to become productive, self-assured adults who can make their community and country a good place in which to live. This is fostered through project and program work, experiences with their 4-H club members and leaders and their participation in district, regional and even provincial programs.
Youth who are part of the 4-H program pledge to use their:
• HEAD to clearer thinking
• HEART to greater loyalty
• HANDS to larger service
• HEALTH to better living
About the Role
The Administrative Support Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to the provincial office and operations of 4-H BC. This role reports to the 4-H BC Manager and works in close collaboration with 4-H BC staff, volunteers, organizations and BC Ministry of Agriculture, and Youth Development Program staff.
The individual will work a 35 hour work week Monday to Friday from 8:30am-4:00pm on location at the 4-H BC Provincial Office, 1150 Kalamalka Lake Road in Vernon. There is potential to occasionally work from home.
While our ideal candidate would have previous administrative experience, we also welcome those who think they’re a good fit for the role but may not have experience. We are very willing to train the right individual!
• Provide general information about programs to the 4-H community and the public
• Respond to inquiries from staff, the 4-H community and the public
• Coordination of Provincial youth programs
• Prepare, maintain and distribute resource documents, materials and supplies
• Receive and direct all incoming calls
• Write email correspondence
• Process incoming and outgoing mail
• Maintain office supplies inventory
• Maintain electronic and paper filing systems
• Collaborate with Communications Coordinator to promote programs throughout the province
• Other duties as required
What we’re looking for:
• Strong typing and computer skills, including competence with Microsoft Office
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Exceptional interpersonal skills: collaborative, respectful, positive and welcoming approach
• Strong communicator with excellent written, oral and professional telephone skills
• Ability to think critically, problem solve, and make decisions
• Results-oriented, organized and flexible
• Vaccinated against COVID-19 as per provincial health order for the services we provide
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Administrative Assistant Certificate or Diploma
• Experience using Adobe and database programs
• Knowledge of the 4-H BC program
What We Offer:
• Starting wage $21.14/hr dependent on skills and experience
• Health Spending Account
• 10 paid sick days per year
• Some flexibility with hours
• Professional development training, workshops, conferences
• Opportunity for growth and development
Shortlisted candidates are required to submit a BC Driver’s Abstract as well as successfully pass a Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in 4-H BC!