Job Opening: Admin Support Coordinator - July 2021
Please find full application by downloading this document.
Reporting to the 4-H BC Manager, the Administrative Support Coordinator works in close collaboration with 4-H BC staff, volunteers, organizations and BC Ministry of Agriculture, Youth Development Program (YDP) staff, this position will be responsible for the general administrative duties for the provincial office as well as providing administrative support to the operations of 4-H BC.
1. Provide administrative support to 4-H BC, including general office and reception duties
2. Maintenance of inventory, and electronic and paper filing systems
3. Correspond with the public and the 4-H community regarding the 4-H BC program
4. Compile, prepare and distribute various materials and supplies to the 4-H community
5. Represent and promote 4-H BC throughout the province as necessary
6. Complete other duties as assigned by the Manager
Our ideal candidate has an Administrative Assistant Certificate or Diploma program or a minimum of four years’ equivalent experience.
Skills and abilities
• Exceptional interpersonal skills: collaborative, respectful, positive and welcoming approach
• Strong communicator with excellent written, oral, presentation and professional telephone skills
• Sound ability to problem solve using an informed decision making process, and apply critical thinking
• Be a self-starter able to provide leadership to, and collaborate with others, in a team environment
• Be creative and results-oriented, organized and flexible
• Strong typing skills and excellent computer skills, competent with Microsoft Office, Adobe, and database programs
• Skilled at multi-tasking, prioritizing work in a multiple project environment and meeting deadlines
• Knowledge of the 4-H BC program is an asset
The 4-H BC Administrative Support Coordinator is a full-time permanent position; 35-hour work week, Monday to Friday. The wage range is $20.00 - $21.00 per hour depending on skills and experience. A clear Criminal Record Search for the Vulnerable Sector and BC Driver’s Abstract are required. Job performance/evaluation will be conducted during the six-month probation period.
This position is located at the 4-H BC Provincial Office, 1150 Kalamalka Lake Rd, Vernon, BC.
Please email a covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and skills. We appreciate your interest in 4-H BC.
Closing date: August 13, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.