Nominations are Now Open for Canada’s Volunteer Awards 2020
The Call for Nominations for Canada's Volunteer Awards will be open from August 6 until September 30, 2020. Now is your chance to recognize the impact that outstanding volunteers, not-for-profit organizations, social enterprises and socially responsible businesses create in your communities, especially now during this uniquely challenging time in Canada.
We all play a role in recognizing volunteers! By nominating an individual or an organization to Canada’s Volunteer Awards, you are helping to raise awareness of the vital role that volunteers play in strengthening communities across Canada.
Canada’s Volunteer Awards is a Comprehensive Volunteer Recognition Program
Today the Minister of Families, Children and Social Development announced the 2019 Award Recipients and the organizations they chose to receive a grant. You can view the entire list by clicking here.
In addition to receiving an award at a ceremony from the Government of Canada, Canada’s Volunteer Awards recipients have access to:
Funding Opportunities – Award recipients can choose a not-for-profit organization to receive a grant of $10,000 (national award) or $5,000 (regional awards).
Learning Opportunities – Recipients participate in an exemplary practices forum where they can share best practices with other sector leaders.
Networking Opportunities – Award recipients become part of the Canada’s Volunteer Awards alumni community.
21 Canada’s Volunteer Awards Recipients are selected
One national award
- Thérèse Casgrain Lifelong Achievement Award : for individuals who demonstrate exceptional achievements through volunteering for at least 20 years
Four regional awards across five regions:
- Emerging Leader: Youth aged 18 and 30 who have demonstrated community leadership
- Community Leader: Individuals or a group of volunteers who have taken a lead role in developing solutions to social challenges in their communities.
- Business Leader: Businesses that demonstrate social responsibility in their practices, as well as, for profit and not-for-profit social enterprises dedicated to creating social, cultural or environmental benefits for their communities
- Social Innovator: Recognizes the contributions of not-for-profit organizations, including not-for-profit social enterprises that find and use innovative approaches that address social challenges in their communities.
You can play a role in recognizing Canada’s volunteers!
Do you know an individual or an organization making a difference in your community? Nominate them to receive an award to recognize their significant contributions!
Thank you for helping us recognize the incredible efforts of individuals and organizations who are making an impact in communities across the country. Please help us spread the word by sharing this message with your networks.
If you are on social media, follow us on Twitter @ESDC_GC and Facebook @ESDC.GC for the latest updates on Canada’s Volunteer Awards. Give our posts a Like or Share! We encourage you to share our content throughout this call.