Other Scholarships and Opportunities
Ian Paton Sr. Memorial Scholarship
One $2,000 scholarship will be awarded annually in memory of Ian Paton Sr. and his contribution to the 4-H program in BC. This scholarship will be awarded to a student pursuing post secondary education in Agriculture and who has a background in agriculture. Application deadline is April 15 annually.
University of Lethbridge Cor Van Raay Agility Award in Agriculture
- Number of Awards: Five
- Value: $1,500
- Application deadline: November 1 annually
Continuing undergraduate students with an interest in agriculture or agribusiness innovation and entrepreneurship must have strong academic standing.Application & Information
Pereira Entrepreneurship Award
- Number of Awards: One
- Value: $1,000
- Application deadline: January 15th to March 15th annually
New high school applicants admitted to a Bachelor of Management program and who are involved in entrepreneurial activities (e.g. Jr Achievement, Canadian Youth Business Foundation, Community Futures, 4-H, self-initiated).Application & Information
BC Association of Agriculture Fairs and Exhibitions 4-H Scholarship
- Number of Awards: Two
- Value: $2,000 BC Fairs Annual Scholarship
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
- Value: $1,000 Bingo Hauser Memorial Scholarship
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
Please press link below to review requirements.
Attn: Scholarship Committee
18231 – 60th Avenue
Kay Puhallo Memorial Bursary
- Number of Awards: One or two depending on number of applicants
- Value: $500
- Application Deadline: September 1st Annually
- Must be a 4-H member enrolled in a post-secondary education program and will attend the program the same year as they receive the award.
- 4-H member will be in good standing and actively participating with a 4-H Club that attends BC Agricultural Expo.
- 4-H member will participate in the BC Agricultural Expo in the year the scholarship is awarded.
The bursary will be awarded based on the member’s 4-H achievements as well as their citizenship and leadership qualities. The Puhallo Family will choose the 4-H Member(s) they feel will benefit the most from the bursaries; they will be awarded by September 1st of each year to assist with educational costs. The award will be given to the 4-H members at the BC Agricultural Expo banquet to acknowledge the bursary and its recipients.
Applications must include the following information:
- Name, age, years in 4-H, Club(s), projects and achievements
- Post-Secondary Education Program – currently enrolled
- Written description of their educational goals
- Name and phone number of their current 4-H Leader
Email to: Julieanne Puhallo-Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
WestGen Education Awards
- Number of Awards: Four
- Value: $2,000
- Application Deadline: October 31st annually
- Western Canadian post-secondary students that have completed at least one year of college/university
- Must be a WestGen member, or son/daughter of a WestGen member
- Must submit an original, official transcript from a post-secondary institution (faxed & photocopied submissions will not be accepted)
- Must submit proof of enrolment at a post-secondary institution in the agriculture or veterinary department
Mail or Courier Application to:
Attn: Paul Meyer
1625 Angus Campbell Rd
Abbotsford, BC V3G 2G4
tel: 1-800-563-5603 ext. 212
Jack Pemberton Youth Development Bursary
The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, in partnership with 4-H Canada, is pleased to offer the Jack Pemberton Youth Development Bursary to a senior 4-H member residing outside of Ontario with a keen interest in agriculture and a desire to attend Toronto’s Royal Agricultural Winter Fair.Application & Information
Applied Sustainable Ranching - Bill Freding Memorial Entrance Award
one $5,000 award will be awrded annually to a first year student in the Applied Sustainable Ranching program in memory of Bill Freding, a pioneer in the agriculture industry with a passion for lifelong learning and giving back to the community and instry he loved. The successful recipient will also receive a further $1,000 award from Dough Haughton, also in memory of Bill.
Applied Sustainable Ranching CCBG Award
CARIBOO CHEVROLET BUICK GMC
Open to current 4-H members and 4-H Alumni
This $5200 Award is open to current 4-H members and 4-H alumni who have been out of 4-H for up to 5-years, in the province of BC who are applying to enter the Applied Ranching Program at the TRU williams Lake Campus. Preference will be given to members within the Cariboo Region.
Canadian Agri-Business Education Foundation
CABEF awards seven $2,500 scholarships annually to students enrolling or currently in an agricultural related program at a Canadian university, college or apprenticeship institution. These scholarships are funded through generous donations from agri-business and people involved in the agricultural and food industry.
Students from across Canada are invited to apply for one of seven scholarships awarded annually. One scholarship will be awarded in the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Québec, the Atlantic Provinces as a whole and one from British Columbia/Territories.Application & Information