Photography Contest 2023
4-H BC Photography Contest is back for 2023!
DEADLINE EXTENDED: ENTRIES MUST BE IN BY SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 17th at 11:59PM.
Who is eligible?
The Photography Contest is open to 4-H age groups, leaders, screened volunteers, and 4-H Alumni! Photographs shouldfollow this year's theme. We are accepting up to 3 photo entries for each member or adult.
- Creativity/style and originality
- Photographic composition, focus & exposure
- Overall presentation
- Content as it relates to theme
- 10 x 8 pixel dimensions
Entries will be evaluated on the following criteria
- Junior Members
- Senior Members
- Adults (leaders & screened volunteers)
- 4-H Alumni
- 1st place in each category will receive a $100 cash prize.
- 2nd place in each category will receive a $75 cash prize.
- 3rd place in each category will receive a $50 cash prize.
To enter the contest, you must be a current 4-H member, leader, screened volunteer or 4-H Alumni. ALL 4-H BritishColumbia members, leaders, screened volunteers and 4-H Alumni are eligible to enter (you do NOT have to be in the Photography project).
- Submit the registration page included in this registration booklet to Communications and Marketing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you have submitted, you will be emailed a link and a code to 4-H BC’s SmugMug page where you can upload your photo(s). Smug Mug will prompt you for the code once you follow the link.
To ensure we know it’s your submission, please name your file in the following format (Please note: pictures not labeled in this manner will not be accepted):
Last name_First name.jpg or.png.
If you are submitting more than one photo to the contest, please number your photos with an additional underscore from 1-3, and ensure they correspond with the correct numbers on your registration form.
Please ensure the name on your photo is the same as the one in your registration form, so we can identify you.
- Each member or adult can enter up to 3 photos. Please refer to page 1 of the registration package for this year's theme. Photos may be digitally edited, if the photographer wishes! Retouch is appreciated but not necessary.
- No late entries will be accepted. The contest runs from June 1st, 2023 to September 15th, 2023.
- All photographs must have been taken by 4-H BC Photography Contest participants between January 1st, 2023 and September 15th, 2023.
- Size of Photo: Photos submitted should be at least 1000 pixels by 800 pixels (landscape only) and saved as a JPEG or PNG.
- The photos must be in focus.
- The ideal 10 x 8 quality is 3000 pixels by 2400 pixels, which is the same as an 10 x 8 photo at 300 dpi (resolution).
All submitted photographs become the property of 4-H British Columbia for promotional use on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, website and other 4-H British Columbia Social Media platforms.
Make sure you have permission when photographing people. Submitting your photo confirms you agree to these terms.
The deadline to submit photos is September 15, 2023.
Please be careful when taking your pictures and be aware of your surroundings at all times.
Judging period will take place in September, 2023 through end of October, 2023. The winners will be contacted directly via the emails indicated in the registration form. The results will be announced via Social Media once the judges have made their final decision.
2023 Agri Technology Special Topic Educational Display Contest – Congratulations to all the winners! Please click here for details.
Field to Fork Challenge 2020-2022
We are please to present the Field to Fork Challenge Recipe Books for 2020, 2021 and 2022. We hope that you enjoy the recipes made with BC ingredients.
Field to Fork Challenge brought together youth from all over British Columbia for virtual cooking challenges using locally sourced BC ingredients! Participants were asked to submit a video of themselves cooking with BC ingredients and were evaluated on their presentation, recipe, and ingredient selection. The Challenge was open to BC students (ages 9 to 19) and 4-H British Columbia (4-H BC) members; submissions were judged in both junior and senior categories.
The Field to Fork Challenge was a collaboration of BC Agriculture in the Classroom, 4-H BC, and the Youth Development Team from the BC Ministry of Agriculture and Food, with the support of Buy BC and Save-On-Foods.
2022 Recipe Book
2021 Recipe Book
The second edition of the Field to Fork Challenge Recipe Book is hot off the press! The new 96-page cookbook showcases 36 winning recipes from the 2021 Field to Fork Challenge entrants.
2020 Recipe Book